The reason a runner registers for the RUNColumbus Race Series can vary. The runners we polled listed the following as the top reasons to sign up:
- To compete for a RUNColumbus Championship or Age Group Title.
- To complete a minimum of six races in the series and receive the commemorative Finishers Award. (Several runners cited they have never run that many races in a year.)
- To complete the entire series and earn the distinction of being named a RUNColumbus Road Race Warrior.
- To earn one of several other awards.
- To be part of the RUNColumbus Team.
Registration includes many perks, including a RUNColumbus shirt, awards, and discounts on race registrations and merchandise.