Here to Support You!
This is what you need to know upfront. Our purpose includes bolstering local races and the charities they support. RUNColumbus isn’t a race producer. We are race promoters, and that includes your race.
We want to showcase emerging and established running events of various distances throughout Central Ohio. We, too, want to introduce different parts of our community and spotlight local charities benefiting from races.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get your race on an upcoming series calendar.
The following criteria are considered when selecting races for the annual RUNColumbus Race Series. Exceptions are made at the discretion of the series organizers.
- The race includes support for a local non-profit 501(c)3.
- The race takes place in the greater Central Ohio region, which includes Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Knox, Licking, Logan, Madison, Marion, Morrow, Pickaway, and Union counties.
- The race uses a chip timing system.
- The race posts the official race results on its website within 14 days of the event.
- The race does not conflict with another series race.
We accept race registrations year-round.
Race Directors FAQs
Can’t find the answer to your question? Email us.
Yes. We understand that many races cannot finalize logistics until permits have been approved. Go ahead and complete the Race Registration and use the comment section to inform us what details are pending approval and the timeline for getting approved.
As a race director, you know how important it is to get your event (and the important cause it supports!) in front of as many runners as possible. RUNColumbus wants to partner with you in expanding your reach via the RUNColumbus website, social media, and email presence.
The better question may be: Why wouldn’t you want to be part of the RUNColumbus Race Series?
Halfway into the 2022 season, participation by the RUNColumbus team in series races has ranged from 30 to 65 runners per event with the average number of participants being 50.
The reason a runner registers for the RUNColumbus Race Series can vary. The runners we polled listed the following as the top reasons to sign up:
- To compete for a RUNColumbus Championship or Age Group Title.
- To complete a minimum of six races in the series and receive the commemorative Finishers Award. (Several runners cited they have never run that many races in a year.)
- To complete the entire series and earn the distinction of being named a RUNColumbus Road Race Warrior.
- To be part of the RUNColumbus Team.
Registration includes many perks including a sports-tek shirt, awards, discounts on race registrations and merchandise, and more.
Absolutely nothing. Well, it does require a little bit of your time to complete the RUNColumbus Race Series online form.
Races that are part of the annual series can expect the following:
- Listing and link to your race page on the RUNColumbus website;
- Inclusion in the RUNColumbus E-News;
- Features on the RUNColumbus Instagram and Facebook accounts; and
- Invitation to attend RUNColumbus social events.
While races are not required to support RUNColumbus to be part of the annual series; we ask races to consider partnering with RUNColumbus in one or more of the following ways:
- Offer a registration discount to RUNColumbus participants;
- Provide two complimentary race registrations that RUNColumbus may use as giveaways;
- Link your race website to the RUNColumbus Race Series website; and/or
- Mention the RUNColumbus Race Series in your e-newsletters or on your social media platforms.
Our desire is to include all races that wish to be part of the series but we will limit the field if needed to maintain competitive balance.
Good question, and one we have grappled with quite a bit. The key factors for limiting the number of series races are as follows:
- To give runners that want to contend for a Championship or Age Group Titles a higher probability of head-to-head competition;
- To give runners who want to earn the distinction and recognition of being named a RUNColumbus Road Race Warrior a realistic shot at doing so; and
- To maximize exposure for the races that are part of the series each season.
Yes! Each season showcases new events as well as a few favorites.
Simply complete the online form expressing interest in being a part of the RUNColumbus Race Series. We encourage races to apply early. You can expect a response within ten business days.
Yes, however, RUNColumbus Race Series participants only earn Participation Points for virtual events.
No, race applications are accepted year-round but we announce the upcoming year’s series schedule on September 1.
No, we’ll leave that to the many experienced race directors and timing companies in Central Ohio.
The heartbeat of RUNColumbus is to see your race grow, and in turn, increase support to your charity. Only RUNColumbus participants will receive specific information about discount codes. While RUNColumbus cannot be held liable for someone sharing the code with a non-RUNColumbus runner, we will make every effort to communicate the importance of keeping codes confidential.