On Sunday, November 13, the RUNColumbus Race Series, in collaboration with Columbus Running Company (CRC), New Balance, and NovaCare Rehabilitation, is hosting a free interactive workshop to prepare runners to achieve their next big goal. We are privileged to have Jessica Root as one of our presenters.
Jessica is part of the NovaCare team working at the Westerville-Polaris location. Her credentials and specialties include:
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- Specialized in Video Gait Analysis for Runners
- Areas of Focus Include the Orthopedic Population and Sports Medicine
- Clinical Interests include Running and the Running Population
- Seven Years of Physical Therapy Experience
Jessica enjoys running and yoga in her free time and says her favorite half marathon is Disney Wine and Dine.
During the My goal race is over. Now what? workshop, Jessica will address the most common running injuries and how to prevent them with simple strengthening exercises. Workshop participants will also have the opportunity for a mini-assessment using a Force Platform to analyze balance and strength. Here are all the topics for the 5 p.m. workshop.
- Learn the importance of training cycles and how to create your plan.
- Discover areas of imbalance with a Force Plate Mini-Assessment.
- Rehab and prehab with runners’ ‘must do’ strengthening exercises.
- Evaluate your shoes for fit, comfort, stability, and best performance.
- Enter to win door prizes from Columbus Running Company, New Balance, NovaCare Rehabilitation, and the RUNColumbus Race Series.
Join us on November 13 at CRC’s Dublin location. Registration for the 75-minute workshop is required as space is limited.