On September 1, the 2023 Season of the RUNColumbus Race Series will be released. We’ve got exciting additions to the second season of Central Ohio’s competitive point-based race series.
New Races. New Places. New Distances.
The 2023 Season will feature both new and returning races throughout Central Ohio. Races range from one mile to 26 miles and everything in between, making the 2023 Season ideal for new and experienced runners. Whether your focus is speed and shorter distances or endurance and longer options, you’ll find it all in the 2023 Season.
More Races. More Competition. More Camaraderie.
We’ve doubled the field in 2023 to give runners more options for completing the minimum six races required to earn a Finishers Medal and contend for Championship, Division, and Age Group Awards. Many 2022 competitors said they enjoy racing frequently and catching up with fellow runners.
Because we’ve added more races, we have adjusted the 2023 Official Rules to ensure the competitive and strategic nature of the series. The two rules changes include:
- Overall Finish Points: Overall Finish Points will be awarded to all finishers. The number of points each runner receives is based on the RUNColumbus field size and order of finish. First place receives points equal to the field size, with each finisher thereafter awarded points in descending order. For example, if 40 RUNColumbus women compete in a race, first place gets 40 Overall Finish Points, second place 39 points, and so on.
- Age Group Points: Age Group points will be awarded to the first five male and female finishers in each age group. First place receives the maximum five points, and additional points are awarded in descending order.
Review the 2023 Official Rules.
More Awards for More Runners.
We’ve added a new division, two age groups, and new challenges for the 2023 Season.
- A new division in 2023 will be Great Great Grandmasters for runners 70+. The Great Grandmasters division will only include runners 60-69 in age.
- First and second place Age Group winners will be recognized in 2023, and we’ve added 70-74, 75-79, and 80+ age groups to reflect a very active Masters-plus population.
- Runners accumulating 100 or more miles of completed series races will be named to the 100 Mile Club and receive a special award.
- Runners accumulating 50-99 miles of completed series races will be named to the 50 Mile Club and receive a special award.
See all the 2023 Season Awards.
We are the same great Competitive Point-Based Race Series that Welcomes and Celebrates All Runners!
Registration opens on September 1. Join us!